Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Today’s Topic: Camping vs. not camping

For the first time in a number of years I went up to a friend’s camp in Maine for the 4th of July. Many people are confused by the expression “I went up to a friend’s camp.” People who use this terminology usually get responses similar to:


  • Like, summer camp?!?!

  • What?

  • Huh?


For those of you who are confused as hell by this let me clarify. In the northeast region of the united states a large number of people who have cabins/cottages/small, roughly built house usually with a wood exterior and typically found in rural areas (thanks wikipedia) call them camp’s. Due to the miniscule nature of the building itself, a number of people generally camp (in tents) around the building. The camp I was at is called camp gimmiyabeeya. http://www.gimmiyabeeya.com/

Based on my conclusive data from the last week, one of the better benefits of camping is the weather. While it was dreary and boring in Boston over the holiday weekend, there was not a cloud in the sky where I was camping. I therefore conclude that the weather is always better while camping. While camping you can also eat/drink as much as you want because



  • Everyone else is doing it.

  • There are no scales

  • There is no scooter guy asking, “have you gained weight?”


While we are on the subject of scooter guy’s; There is no reason other than for use as a firestarter to bring hair gel camping. Also, as a general rule of thumb do not under any circumstances bring pants that can zip off into really short shorts into the woods. Yokels or your friends will shoot you.



I’m bored now, so that’s it for the moment

2 comments:

Steve said...

Nice first actual blog. I think you covered all the bases there with Tong, camping, and outdoor sports. Way to blog Tacos

Meghan W-T said...

Seamus, I legitimately spent 5 minutes laughing out loud and am now wiping the tears from my eyes.

Well played, sir, well played.