Monday, July 14, 2008

Today’s topic: Giant ass from MIT and his masochistic bike trail.


Never again!!!! Will I trust something I found on the internet to be accurate. For Sunday funday/my birthday, Steve, Cap and I went biking out to Walden pond. Somewhere in the interwebs there has to be a map detailing where the hell the Minuteman trail starts/ends. I thought I had found a possibly accurate route from Harvard sq. to Walden and back. THIS WAS NOT TRUE!!!!! The douche that posted this must be some masochistic jackass because that was the worst 35 miles of my life. Even if you leave out the part where I was hungover, and didn’t bring enough water or any food with us, that route sucked. After the first seven or eight hills Steve tried to think of how he could get someone to come pick us up because he did not want to play anymore. Since everyone with a car was out of town this weekend, that didn’t work, so we had to continue on. Somewhere between twelve and four hundred and twenty two hills later we reached Walden pond. Right before we hopped in to cool down Cap mentioned that one of her friends was at Walden a couple of days before us and the pond was closed due to bacteria levels. Once again, Steve decided to flip out but got in the water anyway. We all now have extra appendages. Whatever. They’re useful.

As it turns out my waterproof GPS unit is waterproof. It does NOT float. This is something that I am very glad I found out in two feet of water instead of throwing it in and swimming over to it as Steve suggested. We also found out that items that stand up in water due to being heavier at the bottom and/or filled with air (like my GPS) will amuse Steve Li for days if you let him play with them.

To get home alive we spent some time on Steve’s (now outdated) iPhone and talking with a lifeguard to find our way to the actual trail. It didn’t turn out too well. We made it a couple of miles on the trail then it just ended and didn’t really have a sign to where it started up again, so we just kept heading east and figured we would hit the city at some point.

That’s it for now, I’m gonna go crawl in a hole and recover for a while.

P.S. next weekend may involve actual tacos on a TACOS trip

No comments: